Release Date: 10-Mar-2015
Author: Justin C
Tax Specification Changes
ACC EARNER LEVY
- The maximum liable earnings for the ACC Earner levy will increase from $118,191 to $120,070 for all pay periods ending on or after the 1st of April.
PAYE CALCULATION FOR SPECIAL TAX CODE
- When PAYE is calculated for employees on the STC tax code, their taxable ordinary earnings will first need to be truncated to whole dollars.
EXAMPLE: If an employee’s total pay period amount come to $457.89, the truncated amount will become $457.00. This means that if the Special Tax Rate was 20 % (as an example), the PAYE would be $91.40.
Before the change it would’ve been $91.58.
Other Legislative Changes
NEW MINIMUM WAGE RATES
- The adult minimum wage rate will increase from $14.25 to $14.75 (before tax) an hour.
- The Starting-out wage and training minimum wage will also increase from $11.40 to $11.80 (before tax) an hour.
PLEASE NOTE, YOU WILL NEED TO CHANGE THE RATE FOR ANY EMPLOYEES CONCERNED AS DATACOM DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY CHANGE THE RATE.
NEW ‘MONDAYISED’ PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
- If the Waitangi Day and ANZAC Day public holidays fall on a Saturday or Sunday they will be transferred to the following Monday unless it is a normal working day for the employee.
EXAMPLE: ANZAC Day 2015 will fall on Saturday 25th April, which means Anzac Day will be observed on Monday 27th April 2015.
TRANSFERRED PUBLIC HOLIDAYS INCLUDE:
- Waitangi Day
- Anzac Day
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- New Year
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO GIVE US A CALL ON 0800 856 856.